Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 11 ~ Miracles!

Hallo iedereen! 

This week was crazy! As usual. So last week we couldn't get in contact with Emiliano. We showed up for his lesson and he wasn't home and wouldn't answer our calls. Bummer. But then this week, he called us and asked us if we were coming for his lesson. Uh sure! So we hurried over there and had an AMAZING lesson about the Word of Wisdom. Emiliano is really addicted to coffee and has problems with his lungs from smoking. We were really nervous to share this lesson with him, because we didn't know how he would take it. I prayed for courage to say what he needed to hear and he totally accepted everything we taught and he told us he would give up coffee! Wow! Then the coolest part--we asked if we could set a baptismal date with him as a goal to work towards. Then he told us that God has a sense of humor because after he came to church with us, he thought that he should get baptized! So cool!!! So we set a date with him for October 8th :) 

We also planned a movie night at the church and Emiliano and our other investigator Aisha showed up! I wasn't there (I was on exchanges in Gouda), but we definitely saw plenty of miracles this week. 

I tried harring this week! I'm a real Nederlander now... I'll try to attach a video. Also, after 19 years I can finally ride my bike with no hands. Yessss. Last p-day we tried to climb the Dom Toren with a recently converted family in our ward, but it was closed for a wedding so we're going to go again today. We did get to go inside the Dom Kerk though and I got some cool pictures from that. Dom Toren translates to Stupid Tower by the way.... hahaha I love Dutch people. Anyway, I know this church is true and I hope you all have an amazing week! 

Ik houd van jullie!

Zuster Fordiani

1-Dom Toren
2-Inside the Dom Kerk!
3-Apostles flashing gang signs..
4-In the gardens with the Dom Toren in the background
5,6-Frites :)







1-Harring!
2-Beautiful Maarssen
3-Us and Rachella :)
4-Frites!
5-The gardens
6-All of us!
7-I ran into Elder Steele from high school!​








No comments:

Post a Comment