Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 70 ~ WONDEREN BESTAAT transfer call edition

Hi.

highlights of the week:
We helped make quilts for babies in the philippines!!
Hair tips from one of my fav members, Susannah! pics below
We had stake conference in Brussels and I got to see a ton of old sint niklaas ward friends and other missionaries
Exchanges with the one and only zuster boyd!! we found a sick new investigator named William! he's been to temple square and is really open!

We also watched a broadcast to all of the adult members in Europe that Elder Ballard spoke at. It was SO GOOD. Here are some awesome things I heard and learned:
"You'll never be happier than you are grateful." -Elder Sabin
The way we observe the Sabbath day is a sign to God how we feel about Him. -L. Whitney Clayton
Elder Ballard:
Finding a few quiet moments to sit and be still and ponder is very important
"We know the Lord is going to win, but He would like us to be a little more active warriors."
Miracles start on our knees
"May the gospel be a precious treasure and one we want to give away in every way."
Elder Ballard shared an experience about how when there was a big drought in Ethiopia, he was there visiting and he prayed that it would rain. Every day Elder Ballard was there it rained. And he said, "Did that have anything to do with me? No, it had to do with how I believed. Believe in miracles!"

One of the best moments this week was on exchanges. A little old lady opened the door and told us that she wasn't doing good spiritually and she was really sad. I opened my mouth and started testifying to her that God hears her prayers and He is her father and He loves her. Zuster Boyd said a prayer for her and she started crying. We gave her hugs and a picture of Jesus and she cried and thanked us. That's what missionary work is all about! Helping others and doing what Jesus would do. I was so grateful to be able to experience that and help this cute little lady feel her Heavenly Father's love in a time of need.

We have this member Ahmed in our ward who just barely moved in. He is such an example of faith!! He is from Iraq but used to live in Canada with his wife and children. He has a muslim background, but when he was in Canada he saw missionaries on the street and knew he needed to talk to them. His wife told him that she would divorce him if he got baptized. But he knew the church is true so he got baptized. He went back to Iraq and his wife told the authorities there that he had become Christian so he was put in jail. After three months, his brother helped him escape. He became a refugee and crossed borders, took boats, walked, and drove all the way to Nederland where he was in a refugee camp for about two years. Now he's finally back on his feet and he called the church to get in contact with us because he wanted to start coming. Now he's coming, even though he's still learning Dutch, and he is just AMAZING.

Last but not least... TRANSFER NEWS. I got my very last transfer call and for my last six weeks I will be staying in Breda and getting ZUSTER ELGGREN AGAIN!!!!!!! Miracles do exist!! I am so so so pumped. Zuster Klenk is going to Lokeren with one of my MTC comps, Zuster Mangum, so I'm super excited for them too :)

love you!! houdoeee

zuster fordiani

1,2-ice cream & exchanges
3-my baby is so sweet
4-i spilled hot water on my belly and burned it
5-here's my battle wound from last week one week later.
6-statue









1,2,3-making quilts, the third photo is the quilt zuster klenk and i have been making on our own!
4-breda sunsets
5-look mom! i did my hair






1-picture drawn by Mia in our ward :)
2-breda
3,4-more hair
5-bad lighting










No comments:

Post a Comment