Monday, June 20, 2016

Week drie: Dat is leuk

Hallo!

Well another week has come and gone! We have two new investigators--Greet (who is our teacher Sis. Larson) and Julio (our teacher Bro. Bonney). So that's interesting haha. We committed Greet to baptism on July 2 and we're working on Julio!

The new Hungarians came on Wednesday!! Nine elders and five sisters! So our zone is a party now! Kickball gets pretty heated ;) But I love all the new missionaries! It's so fun to meet tons of amazing people from all over! I admire all of their strong testimonies so much. Missions are so cool.

Our two Dutch districts also got to host on Wednesday! It was so fun hosting the new sisters and getting to be the experienced one. I love helping others and hosting was the best! I love getting to share little nuggets of wisdom from my very limited knowledge ;) I hope we get to host again this week, because 750 missionaries are coming to the MTC this Wednesday, as well as 185 mission presidents and their wives. Crazy. We're getting kicked out of the main building all week and we have to eat lunch in the gym haha.

We started TRC this week, which is when we get to teach members who speak Dutch! It was a good experience!... Except for when I was reading James 1:5 and mispronounced a word and said the s word on accident. The member we were teaching randomly burst into laughter and then let me know what I had said. I can understand mostly when people are talking about spiritual stuff in Dutch, but once they start talking about regular things I get so lost hahaha. So the member repeated a story five times and we were not understanding him. On the fifth time I thought I finally understood what he was saying. I knew he said something about his parents and that they were serving a mission in the Phillipines and then something about his brother. So I said, "Dat is leuk!!" ("That is cool!!") But Zuster Mangum, with her better listening skills, realized that he had said that his brother passed away in a car crash two weeks ago, so his parents had to come home after just two weeks from their mission to the Phillipines. It was awful. I feel so bad!!! So moral of the story is that nodding and smiling when you don't fully understand doesn't always work hahah.

Apparently there are a lot of mistakes you can easily make in Dutch. For example:
Zuster Lechtenberg said in our lesson, "Jesus Christ is the kiss of God." (zoen vs. zoon)
Elder Guevara said, "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and die?" Instead of get baptized hahah. (doot vs. doop)

Haha and I love my companions!! Zuster Mangum reminds me of my sister Anna, so that is sooo great. And Zuster Lechtenberg is so fun! I'm so grateful to be in a trio with them! We party so hard.

Funny happenings this week:
Motra Saldana pulled out tots from her purse in pure Napoleon Dynamite fashion.
Elder Grondel said, "I climbed Mt. Everest once with my eyes tied behind my back."

And other funny things I can't remember... geez.

My testimony has grown so much here! It is really an amazing thing being surrounded by hundreds of missionaries every day.

Ik veet dat de kerk vaar is. Ik veet dat als u in Het Boek van Mormon leest, zult u antwoorden ontvangen. Ik veet dat als u naar de kerk gaat, zult u vrede voelen en meer over Jezus Christus leren. Ik veet dat Thomas S. Monson is de levende profeet en dat door middel van Joseph Smith, herstelde God zijn evangelie. Ik veet dat God echt en leifde is. En ik veet dat wij kunnen met Hemelse Vader en Jezus Christus veer leven. Dit zeg ik, in de naam van Jezus Christus, amen.

I know that the church is true. I know that if you read in the Book of Mormon, you will receive answers. I know that if you go to church, you will feel peace and learn more about Jesus Christ. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet and that God restored his gospel through Joseph Smith. I know that God is real and loving. And I know that we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. This I say, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Doei!

Zuster Fordiani

1- My awkward head chilling in the corner
2- Hosting
3- A cute photo I found from last week lol
4- Defying gravity like a boss
5- Our new zone!
6&7- Temple pics
8- Cutest puppy at the temple!!









No comments:

Post a Comment