Monday, June 6, 2016

Week One!

Hallo hallo!

The MTC is so great! I'm loving it here! It is so spiritual and amazing. I'm in a trio companionship with Zusters Lechtenberg and Mangum and they are so great! We get along really well. Our district has three zusters, two elders going to Bel/Neth with us, and two going to Suriname! (They speak Dutch in Suriname btw). Then there's another district of Dutch as well that we love. And our zone also has the Albanians, Hungarians, and Turks. We room with the trio of Albanian motras and they are soooo funny! Our zone is the best!!! 

Dutch is coming along super well! The gift of tongues is real! Our first day of class we were just thrown in and our teacher was only speaking Dutch. And it was actually pretty understandable! But now we can understand a lot of what he says! We can pray in Dutch and we have already taught our "onderzoeker" (investigator) Juni in Dutch one time! Our second lesson with her is tonight and I'm really excited. The Heilige Geest completely guided our lesson plan and I'm so ready to teach her with mij collegas. 

Other fun things that have happened are that we got to go on a temple walk with our zone, did a session with part of our zone, played sand volleyball with the zone, watched the Character of Christ talk from Elder Bednar (it's SO GOOD, the rumors are true), listened to Sheri Dew speak at a devotional, and tons of other things! My zone is great and so is my district. So blessed. 

So "Magic Tuesday" is tomorrow... Only the Bel/Neth missionaries have to do it hahaha ask me about it when I get home. It should be interesting... ;)

I seriously LOVE being a missionary. It is the coolest thing I have ever done and the best decision of my life. I am so ready to share the gospel with the people of Bel/Neth! I want everyone to experience the joy of the gospel that has blessed my life so immensely! Putting on my tag every morning is my favorite thing to do, and I'm just so ready for the next year and a half. 

Ik veet dat Jezus Christus echt is. Ik veet dat als u elke dag het Boek van Mormon leest, zult u vrede voelen en een antwoord ontvangen. Ik veet dat de kerk vaar is. 
(Elder Steele, don't judge my Dutch too harshly) ;)

Ik houdt van jullie! Tot ziens!

Zuster Fordiani

1- My companions and me at the infamous MTC map
2- Sister Rowley!! I see her every day. #zegeningen
3- All the sisters in our zone :)
4- Temple walk
5- The zone
6- Our district #heeljoosh













No comments:

Post a Comment