Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 4 ~ Tjonge Jongen! How is it already week four?!

How has it already been four weeks?! Holy cow.

This week was a little hectic because of the mission president training being held here! We were kicked out of the main building all week because that is where their training was and because the apostles and seventy were all in there! President Monson skyped in. So crazy! So we ate our meals in the gym, except for lunch on Sunday. For lunch we got to walk down to the Morris Center at BYU and eat there! It was so nice to be free for a while and be right next to my apartment I lived in all last year. Also, we had the opportunity on Thursday and Friday to have mission presidents come to our districts to teach us! President Cuvelier and his wife were the ones who taught us, and they are headed to Brazil! It was such a cool experience, plus I saw President Dixon (my dad's boss) and his wife who (hopefully) sent a photo of us to my dad.

We got to host the new missionaries again this week, and I got to host my friend, Sister Francom, who lived across the hall from me at BYU! It was so great! And sadly, the temple is closed for cleaning for the next little while, so we can't do sessions anymore. BUT, we got the opportunity to clean the temple! It was actually super fun! And yes, the rumors are true, we cleaned with toothpicks, and q-tips. Haha it was a cool experience. We cleaned the women's locker room and then afterwards they let us visit the bride's room! It was so beautiful!! Plus Sister Rowley's district was cleaning the same time as us, so I got to hang out with her for three hours. So blessed.

Sunday night was fun! They were showing a bunch of movies, like usual, and we really wanted to go to Meet the Mormons but it was full. So my companions and I went back to our classroom and pulled it up on lds.org, turned out the lights, put our feet up on the desks, and ate popcorn. It was THE BEST. Sometimes it's nice to have a break from being a missionary all the time.

I also chatted with Elder Nielson of the Seventy for a while and shook his hand! He was the one who spoke at our Sunday devotional and I taught him how to say Goede Dag! Whaaaat? It was so cool.

Quotes from this week:
"Why can't we have long hair? I mean we ARE representatives of Jesus Christ." -Elder Grondel
"I'm pretty sure I'd be a hippie if I wasn't raised in the church." -Elder Tolman
"Can ASL missionaries get the gift of tongues?" -Elder Tolman

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has the fullness of the gospel on the earth. I know that this truth was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God and it is the most correct book on earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it can help us with any problems or questions we may have. I know that if we pray to God, he will answer us through quiet thoughts, feelings, the Book of Mormon, and other people. I know that God is waiting to bless us. All we need to do is come unto Him.

Zuster Fordiani

1&2- Lechie, Zuster Smith, and me
3- Stoopwafels from Nederland!!
4- Movie night
5- Tramp stamps
6- Hosting







No comments:

Post a Comment