Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 24 ~ Vrees niet, gewoon doen

Hey guys! I have so much to say, but so little time! So this week was so wonderful! I finally got to go to the temple for the first time in Zoetermeer! It was so beautiful. The session in Dutch is the coolest thing ever. And I understood almost all of it! It was so fun getting to have a break from missionary work and feel the peace of the temple. Afterwards we had a small combined zone conference in the Zoetermeer church. The assistants introduced "Vrees niet, gewoon doen" to our mission as a sort of title of liberty for us to remember and rally behind. (Fear not, just do.) I'm excited to apply this into my missionary life more as I talk to more people and bare my testimony of Jesus Christ.

Now for the funny story of the week:
We were waiting for a bus and we had to wait for like 30 minutes, so we decided to go into this beauty store and look around. I found this blue mascara and I wanted to try it because I know this girl who wears it and it's really cute. I've always wanted to try it out, but there was no tester. Well, I was feeling a little rebellious randomly so I decided to try it anyway-and because it was already open. Well what happened is what ALWAYS happens when I do something kinda stupid--I get caught. So a store worker starts yelling at me (in Dutch obviously, but that makes it a lot more stressful) because it wasn't a tester and she snatches it from me to go take it to the back of the store so no one else uses it. So obviously my pride was a little hurt, so I was like no I was going to buy it! So she was said it was okay and she wasn't mad anymore so I had to buy it (to save my pride) and that's the story of how I ended up with a 7 euro bottle of blue mascara. Moral of the story... Don't do stupid things. Please.

And TRANSFER NEWS: I'm getting transferred to LOKEREN, BELGIUM!! As sister training leader. I'm super excited, but also really sad because I LOVE Utrecht. Belgium is gonna be a new, fun adventure though. I'm excited to feel like a greenie all over again when I can't understand their accents...... hahah. Flaams babay.

Anyway I love you all!!

Zuster Fordiani'

1- Me and Kester!! His baptism is the 27 of November :) He's a true homie.
2- Temple with Wilky :)
3- Rotterdam zone paintballing on Halloween




No comments:

Post a Comment