Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 58 ~ the greatest work there is

This week RAINED. and rained. and rained. I swear it's winter here again. But it's better than dying of heat with no air conditioning. And when Zr. Mangum and I were on exchanges, we prayed that it would stop and it did! And every time we went outside that day, the rain stopped. :)

We ate some really yummy African food this week from a cute little Eritrean family. And a Domincan Repbulic meal from one of our investigators! We also had some baklava. I love how much of a mixing pot it is here.

Buuuuutttt today I just really wanted to share how grateful I am to be out here. We get to assist in the Lord's work every single day and it is such a privilege! We are yoked with the Lord and he works right along side us. He lets us witness how much the gospel changes lives. We get to help people discover and experience the joy that comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and feeling the peace the Atonement of Jesus Christ brings. I am forever grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Christ helped me get through some of my lowest times when I thought I couldn't see the light ever again. The gospel has brought so much joy to my life! I am so happy to have the opportunity to share that joy every day! I love the Book of Mormon. I love giving it to people and seeing them love it. We assigned one of our investigators, Roy, to read Mosiah 18 before our next visit. When we came back the following week, Roy told us that he hadn't been able to finish yet, but he had lots of questions and told us what he read was "intense". We were curious to hear about what he found intense and then we realized he thought we had assigned him to read all of Mosiah! So he had read Mosiah chapters 1-17 and LOVED it! He went on about Abinadi's courage and King Benjamin's speech and how he felt for Alma because he had to go into hiding. He was so excited to find out what was going to happen next. It was cool hearing him talk about and love that section because it is my favorite part of the Book of Mormon! It has been such a privilege to teach him because he has never been religious before, so he is hearing this all for the first time and eating it up. We also committed him to live the Word of Wisdom and he looked pretty somber at first, but looked at us with so much faith and a look that said he was willing to do what it takes and he said he would do it. I am so blessed to be here in the Netherlands participating in the greatest work there is! And the sun is even shining today too! How blessed are we!

I love you!!!

Zuster Olivia Fordiani

1-kampen!
2-knocking adventures...
3-the market
4,5,6,-art exhibition in an old church













No comments:

Post a Comment