Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 63 ~ sickness part 2 plus miracles, bowling, and cookies

So Zuster Klenk is feeling a lot better!... But I´m sick now. Hahah so that´s been fun. The beginning of the week we were out and about and we saw some cool miracles :) We´ve been doing half days of missionary work as well because I hate staying inside. So it´s been good. 

Tuesday was the coolest. We had an awesome lesson with Jaqcueline with Rocky and Monique as joint teaches. She is so ready to get baptized! It´s really exciting helping her prepare and make the steps towards that day. She loves church and is already so social in the ward. She´s awesome. After our lesson we got a text from our zone leaders with a challenge to find two new investigators THAT day. We were like YES LET`S GOOOOO. I love a good challenge. The faith was strong and God was just waiting for us to turn to him. We looked up a potential we had met a couple weeks ago who had met elders a really long time ago and has a Book of Mormon in Hungarian.. and she was home and let us in! We had a short lesson with her and we just had a good chat with her. She lives alone and I just think she needs someone to talk to. When we were leaving she thanked us and said that she had been having a bad day and now she was feeling a lot better. We made a new appointment too. New investigator numero uno. Then we went to our scouring area and prayed about where we needed to go. We biked through our scouring area, stopped at the end, and consulted with eachother. We both thought of the same two streets that we knew we needed to knock. On the third door a young girl (she was probably in her 20s) came up behind us to come feed her neighbor´s cats haha. She ended up being super interested! When we told her about the Book of Mormon, words started coming out of my mouth that I never use. I started telling her about how I´ve found specific answers to questions through the Book of Mormon and prayer. I know that that was the Spirit speaking through me and that was exactly what she needed to hear. She was shocked that she could have the Book of Mormon for free and she made an appointment with her right there and said a prayer with her. Soooo cool! Investigator numero dos!! And she didn´t even live there, so we would not have met her if we had knocked that street another time. The Lord always guides us where we need to be if we just ask and listen!

Well after finding our two new investigators.. we still had a bit more than an hour left of our day so we prayed again to see where we needed to be. We finished the street we were knocking and then went and looked up a potential. When we got to her house I saw a woman walking towards us with her headphones in. I contacted her and she turned out to be super interested as well! We gave her a Book of Mormon and got her contact info. She lives in Eindhoven, but we were able to pass her over the the Eindhoven sisters and they have already met with her :) That was definitely the reason God lead us over to that side of town at that specific time. I have such a strong testimony about following the Spirit. God is constantly ready to guide us in every aspect of our lives. He always has better plans than we do. We just need to trust Him and listen to His counsel :)

One more quick miracle: Wednesday we prayed again to see where we needed to go and we were lead to the centrum. First off, there was a teeny market in the centrum and I found Anne Frank´s diary in Dutch!! I had a cool conversation with a man and he helped me find it and we talked about what we as missionaries do. I have been trying to find Anne Frank´s diary for a while because the original language she wrote it in was Dutch. So that´ll be super fun to read after the mish. Then we started walking towards the giant church and we saw this young girl and contacted her. Her name is Christina and she´s from Bulgaria but is studying here. She´s super cool and we made a new appointment with her for this Thursday! I´m super excited! Oh we met a woman named Anna Wednesday morning too! She´s from Moldavia? or something and speaks Bulgarian so we´re going to bring her a Book of Mormon as well :) 

Other than that we made freaking millions of cookies for people that we´re thankful for during weekly planning in our microwave oven. So ghetto. The microwave has a setting that turns it to an oven, but it took forever to make all the cookies because it´s so small. Anyway, they turned out good and it was a fun time.

We also went bowling on Monday with some of the other missionaries and our friend Kristen from the ward! I freaking love bowling. My skills I acquired on the bowling club in high school paid off hahaha. I crushed the first game and then the pride cycle came into check and I completely lost the second game. Last place. haha. We had a bet going that the person who got last had to pay for the person´s food who got first so I got pretty stressed and my concentration was gone. I was also tired. Hahah excuses. Elder Christianson had mercy on me and paid for his own doner... ha it was fun.

Random week. Still sick but the Lord is still blessing us every day!! This week we have a zone conference with Elder Gary Sabin of the seventy. I´m super excited.

much love

Zuster Fordiani

1-the first game when I killed it. mwhaha
2-bowling pics
3-super gay bowling shoe photo. (my idea hahah)
4-gewoon :)
5-fields of nederland
6-flower. sorry my captions are gay







No comments:

Post a Comment