Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 65 ~ inspiratie en dingen

This week flew! I can barely remember what happened haha. Just lots of missionary work!

We did lots of lookups and contacting and taught some awesome investigators. Jaqcueline is really progressing and we´re excited for her to be baptized on the 14th of October! She is amazing. We are teaching her daughter, Claire, as well. 

One cool experience was that as we were waiting for an appointment, I saw a lady in red and thought that I should talk to her. But I didn´t. And I felt really bad so I said a prayer and asked God to send her back. A couple minutes later, she came back! And I got the chance to talk to her. I was really grateful for God giving me that second chance to listen and obey. God is a merciful God and He always gives second chances.

We found a bunch of potentials this week and are excited to get some new investigators the upcoming week!

The best thing that happened this week was that I got a phone call from Zr. Lodders in Utrecht! I sent her a birthday card and she called to say thank you and I got the chance to talk to her a bit. I LOVE HER and miss her so much. I feel so blessed to have met such amazing members here. They are so strong!

I brought my notes from the conference with Elder Sabin! Here are some awesome quotes from him and his wife:
Instead of asking "why?" ask "what can I learn from this?"
Isn´t it liberating and wonderful that we can choose whether to be exalted or not?
I don´t know where the sword of Laban is. I´m a general authority, not a specific authority.
It doesn´t matter how deep the water is, if it doesn´t get in the boat, it won´t sink.
There´s no way to fail with missionary work unless you don´t try.

He taught us that every time you share your testimony, it is a success, even if people don´t accept it. He also taught us about the power of gratitude. "When you are ungrateful, it puts a governor on your happiness." Gratitude is essential to happiness. He said that if you are feeling down, make a list of blessings. Then make a list of nevers. Like "never forget who you are" and "never forget the worth of a soul." 

I learned a lot, and am super pumped to finish out my mission strong! I come home really soon!! Don´t know how that happened...

MUCH LOVE. HOUDOE

Zuster Fordiani

1-Breda centrum
2-ice cream break in Etten-Leur w/ Roosendaal elders
3,4-we found the BEST slide in the park!!
5,6-the planners that the elders made for us haha






1-another old pic from Efteling
2-after MLC a month ago on the balcony of some members apartment in Den Haag
3-last photo of all the missionaries in our ward last transfer with Bishop and Emmanuel
4-Elder Sabin conference
5,6-district pix minus the zone leaders
7-our investigator Jutland, Emmanuel, and I




No comments:

Post a Comment