Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 66 ~ no appts... but MIRACLES nog steeds

This week, literally EVERYONE cancelled their appointments with us. So we had LOTS of time to tract. We did lookups, knocked, street contacted, bike contacted- the usual.

We found some cool people though!! The first person we found knocking doors is Ray! He took a Book of Mormon and we have an appointment with him this Friday. The second person is a young guy (maybe 25ish yr old) named Guido. We walked into a neighborhood and he was stopped on his bike. I had the feeling that we should talk with him and later I found out that Zr. Klenk had the same feeling. But right after I had the thought to talk to him, he started getting ready to leave so I thought we wouldn´t be able to talk to him. But then he looked behind him and did a double take and started waving at us! We were like ummmm hi! No one ever waves at us haha. We asked him what his name is and he told us and then said, "It´s been a long time since I´ve seen mormons!" Apparently he met with sisters in Zwolle three years ago and then he lived with a mormon family in South America for a time so he loves mormons. He is not super religious, but is super nice and open. We got his number and we hope to meet with him soon :) It was actually super funny because we asked him to write down his number for us and he was like, "Sorry guys, I know you guys don´t do this, but it´s the weekend and I can´t write because I´m stoned." Hahah we were dying.

We also got two referrals! One is named Conrad and he stopped the Roosendaal elders in the Breda park and is super interested! So we met him once briefly and set up a new appointment for this Friday. He´s searching for the right church for him! We also got a referral from the Zoetermeer elders.. His name is Fari and he just moved to Breda and wants to come to our church! We haven´t gotten in contact with him yet but we´re excited to meet him! I´m really happy that we´re finding some more people who are ready to learn about the gospel!

Hahaha Thursday was a torrential downpour literally the whole day. And all of our appointments got cancelled so we were soaked and outside freezing all day. We were so cold that we bought ice cream just so we could sit inside for a little while. We also biked through like foot deep water. It was crazy. We only had about seven mental breakdowns combined. It´s cool.

And on Saturday we went to Belgium!! It was my first time back since I left in March. There was a stake meeting for all the relief society, primary, and young women leaders and they needed translation for some of the English speakers and help with lunch so we got to go! It was super fun and I got to see a ton of the women from the Sint-Niklaas ward! It made me so happy!

I´m also the worst comp and made Zr. Klenk give a talk in church instead of me hahaha but our deal was that she wrote it and gave it and I translated it for her beforehand. It went really well. It was cool to see that I could like translate a freaking talk into Dutch! Sometimes I don´t realize how crazy it is that I can speak Dutch after only 15 months.. the gift of tongues is real!

Ik hou van jullie!! Houdooeee!

Zuster Fordiani

1,2-clay courts
3-usss. happy fall
4-gewoon mooi
5-little old church
6-zr. klenk tried harring for the first time. these aren´t harring but we appreciated the tongues
7-on the border! two places at once






me. before and after the torrential downpour. 


​​last one sorry-- the missionaries in our ward last transfer with our ward mission leader, Rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment