Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 5--ONE MONTH DOWN

Okay seriously time in the MTC is the weirdest. I feel like I just got here, but I also feel like I've been here my entire life. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Weird. I can't believe a month of my mission is already gone. It's kind of sad actually. BUT I get to go to Nederland in exactly a week! We got our travel plans and we leave next Monday on a straight flight from SLC to Amsterdam! Whooo!!

This week we had the opportunity to skype members in Nederland and Belgie! My companions and I skyped a wonderful member, Maria, from Nederland. She was sooo nice and we actually understood her Dutch fairly well! It made me so excited to meet all the awesome Nederlanders.

Oh and Happy Fourth of July!! On Friday we were allowed to stay up past curfew to watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire celebration down the road. We couldn't see the fireworks super well, but it was still a lot of fun. #murica

We also found a tree that smells like cream soda. No joke.

Haha and on family history I traced my family line all the way back to Adam and Eve. I also found out I'm related to Sir Lancelot. So that's pretty dope.

I had a lot of awesome personal study time this week. I absolutely love reading the Book of Mormon! It's so amazing to see how similar our lives are to the ancient inhabitants of America and apply their teachings to my life. 

In 1 Nephi 18:21 it says:
And it came to pass that after they had loosed me, behold, I took the compass, and it did work whither I desired it. And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord; and after I had prayed the winds did cease, and the storm did cease, and there was a great calm.

I like this verse a lot because I have definitely seen how much the storms and winds of life cease after I pray. My trials and hardships seem so much more bearable and God helps me feel calm. I know that through prayer we can speak with our loving Heavenly Father, and he will help us to overcome trials and will comfort and guide us through life. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and am so ready to share my testimony of its truthfulness with the Dutch people.

Ik hou van jullie! Tot ziens!

Zuster Fordiani

1- Fireworks!
2,3,4- Temple walk
5,6- Triplets! Zuster Mangum is a PRO at Dutch braids














No comments:

Post a Comment