Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 31 ~ 2017

Happy New Year!!

Last P-day we went to Brugge! It was beautiful. We also saw the Blood of Christ in this creepy little church.. not sure if it was authentic..... but I wasn't allowed to take a photo hahah.

We also had another lesson with Nicolai this week! He keeps getting cooler and cooler. He freaking loves tennis! Dad his favorite player is Macenroe. I think you guys would get along really well. We had a huge discussion about tennis hahah. Also he used to play piano for ballerinas so he knows tons about ballet and we had a cool conversation about that too! Don't worry we also taught him a lesson ;) 

Guys. I finished the Book of Mormon!! At 11:50 on New Years Eve hahah. I had a lot of time because we had to be inside by 4:00 pm on New Years Eve so I read from Ether 4 to the end! The challenge was to finish the BoM on Dec. 31 and mark all the names of Christ. We started in October. It was such a cool challenge! I know that the Book of Mormon truly testifies of Christ. You can see his name marked in red multiple times on almost every single page of the book. One thing I noticed as I read the Book of Mormon, is how loving and merciful Christ is. He has so much charity for everyone and never gives up on us. I've been focusing on developing charity for the past year or so and in Moroni chapter 7 it explains really well what charity is.

 45 And charity suffereth longand is kindand envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easilprovokedthinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth althings, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Then comes my favorite verse in the Book of Mormon... 

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upoall who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of Godthat when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

along with the quote "The best evidence of our adoration of the Lord Jesus Christ is our emulation of Him." -Russell M. Nelson. This is a quote I've stamped on my heart throughout my mission that I wanted to share with you guys. I hope you all can continue to read the Book of Mormon throughout your life and learn something new every time! 

It was really cool to finish the Book of Mormon again, and then as I was praying about it in my bedroom, I just felt so much joy! And then all the fireworks started going off! It was a really cool experience :) I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it will bring so much joy to your life if you read it every day!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2017! Beste wensen :)

Love, Zuster Fordiani

Photos from Brugge!






 Oh also! Our district. We tried to spell Antwerpen! hahah fail :) And Zr De Souza was super excited because we went to McDonalds​.







No comments:

Post a Comment