Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 27 ~ 6 months!

Happy Sinter Klaas! People here have Sinter Klaas on Dec 5, and then two days for Christmas on Dec 25 and 26. Three Christmases babaay. I'm not complaining. Oh and I hit my six month mark on December 1! Time fliessss. 

Sooooo basically this week was the least eventful of my whole mission so far because Zr De Souza got sick last Monday and so we stayed in a couple of days. She's still sick and now I'm sick too! So that's a party. We have just been lying around our house with LITERALLY nothing to do. Like you know when normal people are sick they usually watch movies and play on their phone... lol well we can't do that so I read the entire 'Our search for happiness' book and the November Liahona magazine with all of the talks from the November general conference. SO i'm gonna tell ya'll what I learned.

One quote I really like comes from a talk by Russell M. Nelson. "My dear brothers and sisters, the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives. When the focus of our lives is on God's plan of salvation, and Jesus Christ and his gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening--or not happening--in our lives. Joy comes from and because of Him. He is the source of all joy. We feel it at Christmastime when we sing, 'Joy to the world, the Lord is come.' And we can feel it all year round. For Latter-day Saints, Jesus Christ is joy!"

I really like this quote because it focuses on the fact that we can be happy all the time no matter what our situation is, if we focus on Jesus Christ. 

"I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.... In His presence is fulness of joy." Psalm 16:8,11

And that's why I'm here on a mission! To share the joy that the Savior and his gospel has brought to my life. To help others feel the happiness and love that the gospel brings. To help others find joy in the journey. :) As Zr De Souza and I have been sick this week, I've come to realize that I LOVE missionary work and sharing the truth of the gospel with everyone. All I wanted to do was get out the door and share #verlichtdewereld cards with people haha. I love this gospel and I'm so grateful to be working with the Lord on this little part of the vineyard here in Lokeren :)

Funnies of this week:
-We taught gospel priniciples yesterday at church because the teacher was sick... Little did she know we were also sick haha. So we struggled through that lesson.. me with a sore throat and Zr De Souza with no voice at all. It turned out pretty funny tbh
-We played Just Dance with our investigators seven year old daughter. We went ham on 'What does the fox say?' I fricking love normal music
-We asked a guy for directions and he just kept saying, "No thanks." Hahah all we want are directions buddy! His wife eventually helped us lolol
-We made an appointment with a woman and then showed up at her house and she started being all sketchy.. "I'm going to have twenty people here for a party in a couple minutes so we're going to have to do this another time. Twenty people. TWENTY. TWO ZERO." All while she was hugging us and kissing our cheeks a lot. People kiss here A LOT. Oh and btw we stayed and knocked doors by her house and guess how many people showed up for the party? ZERO. -__-

Lol I love people. I hope you all have a great week! Keep it up on the 25 ways in 25 days!

Zuster Fordiani

1-Our cute friend Germaine. She posted this picture on her instagram :)
2,3,4-Our phone was being screwy and so apparently these messages are from President. Hahah I was dying
5-A member gave us Christmas decorations to use! #thankful
6-Mistletoe... where are the boys? Oh wait...






a marzipan pear
lokeren at christmas time
me decorating the christmas tree because i know you like those pics mommy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment